Tuesday 23 August 2016

No Man's Sky - Day 5


Leaving the Space Station I head for the closest planet, Itinsk Shgarbin.
It's a harsh planet compared to Pachanuman SH980, it's a hot 47 during the day and 60 at night, but with the sun gone my exosuit gets a bit of rest.
Landing in a random location it's time to explore. The planet is a mountainous brown landscape scattered with red leaved trees. Although they are quite pretty, their colour seems to make everything seem hotter and makes me a bit uneasy.


After wandering around looking for resources and waypoints for a while I start to hate this planet. It's all rock. There are so many areas where I have to use my jetpack, even one waypoint which is on top of a high rock with no way to reach it by foot.
There's a Vy'keen transmission tower which alerts me to two significant coordinates. One is Vy'keen, the other Korvax. Heading back to my ship I fly towards the Vy'keen one first.


Landing a distance away from the signal I discover a few of this planets creatures. There are floating eels in the sky, they spin and turn but always stay just too far away to scan and find out what they really are.


There is also a strange reptilian skinned mammal with fungi-type growths on its back and a long horn protruding straight upwards from its nose. I can only find one and wonder if it has the feeling of loneliness on this planet too.


After an hour of wandering I finally make it to the Vy'keen signal. It's coming from what looks like an abandoned temple that is falling apart in places. There is no entrance on the ground level, using my jetpack again, I get to the first level and start exploring.


I cannot find anything of interest here other than learning a little more of the Vy'keen language. There are great views from all sides and some interesting circle windows where you can see for miles, I wonder if this building was of importance to the Vy'keen in either a spiritual or tactical way.


No comments:

Post a Comment